Do You Feel Overwhelmed?

9:12 AM Posted by jo





Life as a mother can be very overwhelming. It doesn't matter if you are working full time or a stay at home mother, we all have our moments when we feel overwhelmed and stressed. It is all about how our bodies are able to handle the stressful situations. I home educate my two youngest children and at the same time I am running my natural health business. I often add essential oils to my daily life to reduce my stress level. My husband used to commute long hours daily and he was exhausted after a stressful day at the office.  I diffused essential oils especially for him so he could relax in the evening. 

What I love about the essential oils is that they have so many healing properties. Even though I primarily choose the blend for relaxing or uplifting purposes, the blend will also boost our immune system.


Essential oils can be a great addition to your health building program in times of stress. You can still enjoy the effects of the essential oils even though you are on the go. I like to bring a bottle of essential oil in my purse or in my pocket so I easily can inhale the aroma straight from the bottle when needed.



I also like to put my favorite blend in a roll on bottle and apply to the pulse points:

Roll-ons 1 roll on bottle
fill ¾ with vegetable oil
add 3-8 drops of essential oils.

At the end of the post I will cover a couple of pre-made roll on essential oil blends.
Another  way is to drop a few drops of the oil on a hankerchief and inhale as needed. 

 Essential oils  with nervine effect  strengthen and tone the activity of the nervous system and they can be sedatives or stimulants. 

 Roman and German Chamomile, bergamot, clary sage, geranium, jasmine, lavender,  sweet marjoram, neroli and melissa are are considered relaxant nervines and valuable when feeling stressed and tense. 

 Basil, cinnamon, ginger, lemon, peppermint, rosemary and thyme are considered to be stimulant nervines and they are valuable when feeling fatigue and lacking energy. 

 My favorite oils for balancing emotions are bergamot, frankincense, clary sage and geranium.




Also check out:
My Winter Blah blends 


Before you leave:


I recommend that you always perform a skin patch test when you try a new oil.

Check out my safety page to make sure you are aware of any contrindications before you use essential oils. Some oils are not suitable when suffering from certain conditions. AlsoRead this Before You Start Using Essential oils. Some oils should not be applied prior to sun exposure so make sure you check this list before spending time in the sun.

Not sure how to apply the oils? Visit these pages to learn how to apply the oils:
If you're new to essential oils you might want to check out my Getting Started Guide. 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johanna is an aromatherapist and she is passionate about educating people about health, essential oils, real food, natural remedies, and nutrition so they make healthier choices in their lives. 
Follow Johanna on twitter and facebook for more health tips and information.







This post is linked to:
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes