Soothing Lemon, Honey, Cinnamon & Cayenne Tea for Sore Throats

4:07 PM Posted by jo



I woke up with a sore throat today so I decided to add cinnamon, honey, and cayenne to my regular lemon water. Lemon is great for the immune system and  cinnamon and honey are both antiviral and antibacterial. Cayenne's main constituent is called capsaicin.  It has also historically been used for pain, poor circulation, congestion, fever,  infections and colds just to mention a few uses. Let me tell you, this drink is so soothing to my throat. I feel so much better.
Some people say that the combination cinnamon/honey is the cure all for many diseases.

Soothing Tea
1 tsp of raw honey
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1 lemon
some cayenne - I just sprinkled some
warm water

Put the honey in the bottom of a cup, mix the spices with the honey. Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and pour warm water in the cup last.   I have been drinking this a couple of times today already and I will have some more before bed time...


 

 This post is shared with
The Mommy ClubWFMWLiving Well WednesdaySimple Lives ThursdayMotivation Monday
Party Wave WednesdayWildcrafting WednesdayFight Back Friday
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes