Super Yummy Berry Shake With No Added Sugar - Made with the Nutritious Whey Protein Isolate

2:20 PM Posted by jo

 

It is very easy to make a protein shake that  is delicious and creamy without adding sugar or artificial flavoring. As I mentioned in the other protein post, it is important to make sure the body gets vitalized protein since denatured overcooked protein doesn't provide much nutrition. My husband wrote some posts about  protein, the dark side of the protein, and the protein myth


My children prefers a creamy and thick shake while my husband likes a thinner shake. To make it thick and creamy I add berries, and to make it a thin shake I add freshly squeezed juice.


The basic recipe  calls for:
1 cup of cold water, freshly squeezed vegetable or fruit juice
1-3 servings of protein powder
1 tablespoon of omega oil.

 When I make them for the kids I reduce the amount of water . Today I used strawberries, raspberries, blue berries and banana. Banana or pineapple add a great sweetness to the shake, this is the trick to make them taste good.


We add supplements to our shakes. Everything from super foods to ascorbic acid is thrown in. The kids had already had their omega 3 oils earlier today. It is preferred to add the omega oils to the protein for better absorption.



 I add the water,  berries and fruit first to make the shake smoother. I've discovered it is easier to chop the berries if they go in before the protein powder. 



Organic shredded coconut was added for extra flavoring today. 



A delicious, sweet, and creamy protein shake without sugar or  harmful chemicals.


Thanks for visiting!

 


Johanna is an aromatherapist and she is passionate about educating people about health, essential oils, real food, natural remedies, and nutrition so they make healthier choices in their lives. 
  
Follow Johanna on twitter and facebook for more health tips and information. Don't forget to explore her new aromatherapy new blog.
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes