A Simple But Delicious Salsa

10:34 PM Posted by jo

My husband and I are on the Paleo Diet, and it is a diet that does not include  grains, dairy, and legumes. I love salsa so I make it salsa several times a week. Tortilla chips are not included in our diet, but salsa tastes wonderfully on poached eggs, chicken, scrambled eggs, salad, fish, or on a steak. Don't you agree? We like spicy things in our family so I add more jalapenos then the recipe calls for.




Salsa
2 medium tomatoes cut into chunks
1/2 small onion
3 tablespoons canned chiles ( I use fresh jalapenos)
4 teaspoons distilled white vinegar (I use raw apple cider vinegar)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro

Combine all the ingredients in a blender and whirled until pureed. I don't use salt, but if you do, season to taste with salt.


This makes about 2 1/2 cups.




Here is a sample of a breakfast in our house.  We also had left over dinner steak fried in coconut oil, poached eggs, and a handful of nuts to go with the fruit and vegetables.


This is linked to:
Monday Mania
Fat Tuesday 
Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways 
Real Food Wednesday 
Simple Lives Thursday 
Fight Back Friday 
Sunday School Blog Carnival at I Butter Believer


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes