A Refreshing and Uplifting Soap

1:37 PM Posted by jo


It's getting closer to the holiday season so I like to purchase suitable containers to use for my homemade gifts. My husband and I took our youngest children and went to IKEA yesterday to pick up some things we needed. I found some really nice bottles that would make great gifts, so I am quite happy. I am planning to use these bottles for liquid soap and bath salts. My daughter and I decided to try them out by making some soap today.





I like to use Dr. Bronner's liquid un-scented castile soap when I don't make my own from scratch. It is a wonderful soap that keeps my skin real moist.





Essential oils like orange, lemon, and peppermint are very refreshing this time of the year when it is dark outside and we have less sunlight. Lavender makes a nice addition to the other oils. Not only do the essential oils provide a wonderful aroma, but they possess powerful healing properties as well.





First we added the liquid soap to a glass bowl. It is best to mix the oils and the soap before adding them to the bottle.







Mix 60-80 drops of essential oils to 8 oz. of liquid soap. We used 25 drops of lavender, 20 drops of orange, 30 drops of lemon, and 10 drops of peppermint to 10 oz of soap.





 After mixing the oils with the soap, we added the mixture to the bottle.





Here it is! 
A non-toxic, refreshing, uplifting, and healing soap that definitely will wake you up in the winter darkness! Aloe vera, jojoba oil can be added for extra soothing properties, and B-complex capsules can be opened and used to add color and healing benefits as well.



Before you leave:


I recommend that you always perform a skin patch test when you try a new oil.


Check out my safety page to make sure you are aware of any contrindications before you use essential oils. Some oils are not suitable when suffering from certain conditions. AlsoRead this Before You Start Using Essential oils. Some oils should not be applied prior to sun exposure so make sure you check this list before spending time in the sun.

Not sure how to apply the oils? Visit these pages to learn how to apply the oils:
If you're new to essential oils you might want to check out my Getting Started Guide. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johanna is an aromatherapist and she is passionate about educating people about health, essential oils, real food, natural remedies, and nutrition so they make healthier choices in their lives. 
Follow Johanna on twitter and facebook for more health tips and information.




This is linked to:
Your Green Resource
Wildcrafting Wednesday 
Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways
Simple Lives Thursday 
Monday Mania 
Make Your Own Monday Link-Up
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes