Quick and Easy Grain and Dairy Free Breakfasts

8:43 AM Posted by jo



People wonder what I serve for breakfast when we don't eat cereal grains in our family. It is not unusual that I serve last night's dinner the next morning. Last night was a busy night so I just fried some cabbage, onions, ground beef, and garlic in a dutch oven. I let it finish up in the oven. My daughter who is eleven today, is a slim girl with big appetite so she finished up last night's dinner for breakfast. I am running low on fresh vegetables, but she was also served a small bowl of fresh fruit to go with the meal.  






When we eat lunch and dinner everyone has to eat what is served, and the food for breakfast is mostly the same for everyone with a few exceptions. The birthday girl got to choose today so little brother was stuck with a chicken breast that I cut up for him. I like to add more protein for them during breakfast then I do for lunch, I've noticed that their blood sugar is more stable that way. They last hours on a breakfast like this. Some days I reduce the amount of meat and add one or two eggs. I normally throw in kale, mushrooms, onion and garlic with the meat. I normally add a more variety of the fresh veggies on the plate. The little guy, well he is 10 this year, had some fruit also. 


Here is another breakfast from the other day. Lots of garlic and onions were added to the chicken and kale mix.

I use plenty of coconut oil when I cook and I often add extra fat on the kids' meat. My husband got me a lead free crock pot yesterday, and I am planning on cooking meat  overnight so that I have meat ready for breakfast. My children don't have any blood sugar problems, but I still keep an eye on the fruit intake and encourage them to eat more vegetables. 

As you can see breakfast in our house is not much different than a lunch or dinner. I should add, that it is best to go easy on cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage and kale if you suffer from a hypothyroid problem.





Thanks for visiting!  Please stop by my new blog, The Paleo Lifestyle, where I am adding new information about grain,dairy, legume, and sugar free diet.


 


Johanna is an aromatherapist and she is passionate about educating people about health, essential oils, real food, natural remedies, and nutrition so they make healthier choices in their lives.
  
Follow Johanna on twitter and facebook for more health tips and information.


This post is linked to:
Fight Back Friday Fresh Bites Friday , Monday Mania WFMW , Real Food Wednesday 
Simple Lives Thursday , Grain Free Tuesdays , Allergy Free Wednesdays
Al
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes